Croda Lubricants has for many years been a leading supplier of synthetic base fluids and performance additives to the lubricants industry and has firmly established itself as an industry expert and leader in friction control. Building on this knowledge and expertise, Croda are delighted to launch Perfad 3100, a new high performance friction modifier for industrial gear oils and the latest addition to our ever growing range of friction modifiers.
Perfad 3100 – Friction Modifier for Industrial Gear Oils
Croda has developed an oxidative and thermally stable organic friction modifier, designed specifically for use in industrial gear oils. Perfad 3100 provides excellent friction reducing properties to industrial gear oils, which can enable more efficient power transfer and reduced running costs, whilst having minimal impact on water entrainment. Perfad 3100 forms a durable film, most notably in the mixed and boundary regime where energy losses are high. Friction reducing effects have also been observed at high temperatures, as found in heavily loaded contact areas.
The potential benefits of using Perfad 3100 as a friction modifier in industrial gear oils include:
- Low friction, providing reduced wear and increased mechanical efficiency
- Effective at low treat rates, allowing enabling more efficient formulations
- High renewability content, providing a reduced impact on limited natural resources
- High thermal and oxidative stability, improving in-service operation for longer life gear oils
- Low ash, generating no residue
To view more Perfad 3100 data, to download a copy of the brochure or to request samples visit our homepage.