Reduced Energy Consumption, Extended Tool-Life and Increased Productivity – Just some of benefits offered by using Croda Lubricants New Products
Croda, a world leader in natural based speciality chemicals, are proud to present three new ranges of products for our customers in the industrial sectors of metalworking fluids, high temperature chain oil lubricants and H1 Incidental food contact lubricants.
Perfad 8400 Lubricity Additive for Neat Metalworking Fluid:
Following our recent development and launch of new polymeric friction modifiers for engine oils we are now delighted to unveil a new lubricity additive for neat metalworking fluids. Perfad 8400 is a breakthrough technology in terms of high performance lubrication, dramatically improving the cutting performance capabilities of both mineral oil and ester based metalworking fluids.
Potential benefits to the end user include:
- Extended tool-life
- Reduced energy consumption due to lower torque
- Purer cuts (better surface finish, improved dimensional accuracy and fewer rejected parts)
- Ability to machine more difficult alloys, with or without the use of reactive extreme pressure or anti-wear additives
Formulations based on both mineral oils and biodegradable esters have been evaluated using a micro-tapping torque test and some highlights are detailed below. In mineral oil based formulations, the inclusion of 8% Perfad 8400 gave:
- 16% reduction in torque in form tapping 1018 steel, compared to mineral oil + 10% ISO 46 ester
- 5% reduction in torque in form tapping Al 6061, compared to mineral oil + 10% ISO 46 ester
- Excellent synergy with Crodafos O4A to allow the form tapping of holes with 4140 steel, an alloy that usually cannot be machined without the use of highly reactive EP additives, such as chlorinated paraffins.
In ester based formulations, the inclusion of 8% Perfad 8400 gave:
- 36% reduction in torque in form tapping mild steel, compared to 100% ester
- 21% reduction in torque in form tapping hard steel (1018), compared to 100% ester
- 8% reduction in torque in form tapping hard steel (4140), compared to 100% ester, rising to 41% reduction in torque when using 16% Perfad 8400, giving performance levels similar to chlorinated paraffins
- 31% reduction in torque in form tapping Al 6061, compared to 100% ester
Priolube 1962, Priolube 1963 and Priolube 1965 for High Temperature Chain Oil Applications
Croda has for many years been a leader in the development of base fluids and lubricity additives for both automotive and industrial lubricant applications, including base fluids for high temperature chain oil applications. Today we present a newly extended range of polyol esters ranging in viscosity from ISO 68 to ISO 320, including three new products.
The extended product range offers formulators the opportunity to develop chain oils which are capable of operating at high temperatures but without the formation of harmful deposits.
|Priolube 1963||Priolube 1889||Priolube 1962||Priolube 1965|
|Kinematic viscosity at 40°C||68||170||220||320|
|Kinematic viscosity at 100°C||10||17||19||23|
|Pour point (°C)||-55||-29||-29||-27|
|Flash point (°C)||284||302||294||308|
|Appearance at 260°C after 8 hrs (3% A/O)||Liquid||Liquid||Liquid||Liquid|
The benefit to the end user in choosing products formulated using Croda's new base fluids can include:
- Increased productivity due to less downtime
- Reduced energy consumption due to consistent lubricant viscosity throughout the lifetime of the lubricant
Lubricant Base Fluids and Additives for H1 Incidental Food Contact Applications
In recent months Croda has gained HX-1 approval for Priolube 2065, Priolube 3970, Priolube 3966, Priolube 3999 and Crodasinic O. Today, we are also proud to announce the introduction of two new products; an ISO 100, highly oxidative stable ester, Priolube 2500; and a new IS0 320 medium oxidative stable ester, Priolube 2088, both of which have been granted HX-1 status by the NSF.
Croda's range of products for incidental food contact applications now includes esters, polyalkylene glycols (PAGs), fatty acids, and an anti-corrosion additive. This newly extended product range significantly increases the base fluid and additive options available to formulators of chain oils, greases, gears oils, hydraulics fluids and other lubricants that are required in the food processing industry.
For more information on any of the new products or extended product ranges visit our homepage.