Today's gear driven equipment is designed to perform in many applications, often having to withstand harsh environments. Typically, gear boxes are becoming smaller and are being made from lighter and more sophisticated materials yet they must be more durable than ever before. As a result, greater demands are being placed upon the gear lubricant and greater consideration must be given to the use of high performance base fluids and additives.
Croda has an extensive product offering based on polyalkylene glycol (PAG) and ester technologies, branded under the Emkarox™ and Priolube™ trade names. These products are designed to allow gears to operate at maximum performance levels, and offer many advantages including:
- Higher operating reliability through reduced wear
- Increased lubricant service life
- Extreme pressure protection
- Improved performance at high/low temperatures
- Improved gear box efficiency
- Excellent micro-pitting performance
- Reduced noise generation
- Biodegradability and renewability
- Health and safety during operation
- Incidental food contact
To view the industrial gear oils application brochure and application presentation you must login/register.