Perfad 8400 - Lubricity Additive for High Performance Neat Metalworking Fluids
Perfad 8400 is a new lubricity additive designed for use in the formulation of neat metal cutting and deformation fluids. Based on polymeric chemistry, Perfad 8400 offers unique, unequalled lubrication performance.
Click on the box below to view a short film about how Perfad 8400 can benefit you:
Perfad 8400 also outperforms other commercial esters and polymer based lubricating additives in laboratory tests. The graph below highlights the superior performance of Perfad 8400 at 4% and 6% treat-rates in a 4mm form tapping test, at 1000rpm speed on Mild Steel.
- Outperforms conventional ester lubricity additives when used as an additive in mineral oil based metalworking fluids
- Can be used to super-boost lubrication performance of ester based neat metalworking fluids
- Can be used alone and in combination with conventional S and P containing EP / AW additives
- Is based solely on C, H and O
The potential benefits to the end user in using Perfad 8400 can include:
- Extended tool-life
- Reduced energy consumption due to lower torque
- Purer cuts
- Better surface finish
- Improved dimensional accuracy
- Fewer rejected parts
- Ability to machine more difficult alloys, with or without the use of reactive extreme pressure or anti-wear additives
For more information and test data, to view the product brochure, presentation or to obtain samples you will need to login or register with us.